The Workshop Overhaul
In an exciting development for all CS2 map creators, the latest update now allows the uploading of CS2 maps directly to the Workshop. This is a significant step forward, providing community servers with the capability to host these maps and inviting a fresh wave of custom gameplay experiences.
Additionally, creators are treated to more refined control over the aesthetic of their creations. The Item Editor now boasts features for adjusting paint metalness and roughness by color in Solid Color, Hydrographic, and Spray-Paint finishes. The tool also introduces an “Automatic PBR Color Correction” toggle for all sticker types, ensuring that your decals stand out just right in any environment.
Game Play Tuning
The CS2 team has been hard at work, fixing various issues to streamline gameplay:
- A fix has been implemented for ignored user commands during poor network conditions.
- An anomaly causing weapons to fire faster than intended has been rectified.
- Instances of multiple gunshots appearing for a single shot have been addressed.
- The game now ensures players retain their weapons between overtime rounds.
- Steps have been taken to prevent dropped weapons from disappearing out of play.
In a novel change, when in first person, players will now see their own demise’s lag-compensated position. Plus, decoy grenades now visually interact with smoke, adding to the realism.
For those frustrated by premature detonation of smoke grenades, a minimum fuse duration now ensures smokes deploys only when intended. Additionally, the irritation of negligible damage is a thing of the past, as players will now ignore damage under one point.
Knife combat sees a major rework—attacks will prioritize enemies over teammates, with client-side predictions of damage and sounds removed. Also, the first knife attack post-switch guarantees full damage.
Map Adjustments and Fixes
Inferno has received particular attention, with fixes to clipping, micro gaps, and skybox issues. Plus, those pesky birds mistaken for grenades? They’ve been removed.
Server Stability and Efficiency
- A new setting
sv_maxuptimelimit prompts server shut down after a set uptime, enhancing server management.
- Servers now log startup timings and display global chat messages for item acquisitions.
- Bugs causing incorrect packet loss and ping readings on the scoreboard have been fixed.
The update doesn’t skimp on general improvements:
- Sticker rendering is more visually pleasing.
- The Competitive Play Menu now includes wins and wins-needed information.
- HUD, skins, stickers, and item inspection UI bugs have been addressed.
- The Trapper Aggressor agent’s leg skinning issue has been resolved.
- Player animations perform better, reducing server and client load.
- Smoke grenade aesthetics get an update with a new chrome canister.
- “Boost Player Contrast” has been fine-tuned to exclude dead players.
- Microphone voice thresholds have been adjusted for clarity.
With these comprehensive updates, CS2 continues to refine its gameplay, ensuring a balanced, fair, and visually stunning experience for all players.